Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Miskin E-14 motor scraper

farmerleach ยท 2013-04-16 13:46

I was looking on the miskin website and saw they are selling a motor scraper now. While a motor scraper would be like using a post maul to pound finishing nails for my needs, I thought it was kind of interesting that someone would start making motor scrapers again. While I don't think that Cat has anything to worry about when it comes to market share, competition can't hurt, or are these even a competitive machine? Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they actually built by miskin or are they re-marketing someone else's? Information is kind of scarce on them. Heres a link to there site. http://www.miskin.com/MotorScraper.htm

Replies3
  1. #1D6 Merv2013-04-17 02:25

    Cat used to make a similar sized scraper called a 611. But withdrew it, miskin might have market to its self now

  2. #2johnhenryrolf2013-07-09 00:03

    I don't know what your particular operation is, but I'll bet that with the right operator, you'll find that a scraper can be quite beneficial! (no matter what the brand)

  3. #3RZucker2013-07-15 02:37

    Strange. its a nice looking machine, But does it have any future? I could buy at least 4 old TS14s for that price. maybe 6? And they are simple to maintain.