Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got a new Bobcat T740 this week.

mowingman ยท 2020-12-07 08:58

The landowner of the properties we are clearing, bought a new bobcat T740 this past week. It replaces the old 2006, T300 we have used since they bought it used in 2008. I really like the single joystick control option. It is nice running travel functions with one hand and bucket/grapple functions with the other hand. We really needed a better small loader, as the old T300 was showing it's age. This machine makes moving brush and trees easy. It also is the biggest B obcat has with no DEF. Jeff

Replies3
  1. #1AllDodge2020-12-07 09:21

    Congrats

  2. #2skata2020-12-15 21:15

    You like the one hand drive? It just seems so odd to me. Lol

  3. #3mowingman2020-12-16 08:20

    Ours has an option for either one hand drive or two hand drive. You just flip a switch. I thought I would like the two hand drive better, but after trying both modes for a while, I have settled in to the one hand, joystick, control. I find I have better control with just the left had driving the machine and the right hand operating the bucket/attachments. Of course, I am left handed, so maybe that has something to do with it. We also have the optional foot pedal control for the bucket, but I never used it before and do not like it on this new one either. I believe it is all about what you get used to. Jeff