Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got back in the saddle

Welder Dave ยท 2021-07-05 16:01

A new water pump was put in the 931B and I was feeling good enough I should put it to work. Dug a bunch of clay making a pond bigger behind the shop. The pond collects run off from the shop I can use for watering the MX and oval tracks. Thankfully the machine has steps and lots of handles to grab for getting on and off. The seat was fairly comfortable for my back. What was kind of a pain was having to climb over the fuel tank to use the backhoe and then climbing back to use the loader. I think Cat designed it so you get off and go up and down on the backhoe stabilizers. This is not any easier than climbing over the fuel and hyd. tanks. After digging the clay, loaded the dump truck and hauled a few loads over to the pee wee track we're building. Pretty simple work and I was taking it easy so I didn't get bounced around too much but felt good to be in the seat again after the cancer diagnosis and fractured vertebrae. I wore my MX kidney belt and it helped quite a bit. Maybe it should have a name like Equipment Therapy?

Replies2
  1. #1sergioannis2021-07-08 06:16

    perhaps ... the important thing is that you are well and have a lot of fun with these machines

  2. #2Welder Dave2021-07-08 13:12

    Fun, good word. It is fun when you see your progress and everything is going smoothly. It's not so fun when something breaks down or you have problems. I just hope the fun part is more common than the non fun part. So far it is.