Ive found a few over the years!
Great thread. Some rocks remind you how small even the biggest machines really are.
those last two pictures are great
Last one looks like a big tator, lol
That"s a d 11.
NICE PICs
My site While my rocks were not quite this big, I had lots. I'm a builder and I'm building my own house right now. The photo is my house site. So far, we've removed about 400 tandem loads from the blast site. As part of this we crushed about 3000 tons of 3" minus. I've just bought a JD 310SG TLB to help with the many tasks ahead.
Wow, lots of rocks! Any more pics of the hitachi? zx120 or zx135?
3000 tons of 3" minus. You lucky dog, now you've got something to build your drive way out of!! Jason
It's a 135 and it's my blaster's unit. You want pictures, here are a few assorted shots.
Luck had little to do with it. I took my time, got a lot of good advice and it wasn't cheap. But yes, I've got lots of small rocks to play with on the driveway and for backfill etc. Truth is, I did get lucky but for a different reason. I knew I would benefit from producing the crush myself by saving 1/2 of what I'd pay for it shipped to my site. The big benefit was the fact that in the cost of producing the crush, most of my rock got removed from the pit and piled nicely out of the way.
I know what your saying! If you got it, use it! My buddy used to build logging roads here with his Grandpa, and a few years ago they bought a Komatsu track mount jaw crusher and a little POS screen plant to make there own rock on site insted of having it trucked in. Just set it up on a switch back and make some rock! Worked out well for them untill one of the local crushing contractors got a little butt sore cause he wasnt selling Grampa the rock. He went and complained enough, then the Idaho Dept. of Lands changed there spec's to Forest Service spec's. I.D.L.'s spec used to be 3" guts and feathers. Now it has to pass like State highway rock. Jason