Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got stuck?

Woodstock ยท 2006-12-14 20:50

I sure did! Thought y'all might like this

Replies17
  1. #1Countryboy2006-12-14 21:34

    LOL, were yall playing chicken in the mud? :bouncegri How'd ya get them out?

  2. #2itsgottobegreen2006-12-14 21:41

    I bet they got a bigger dozer. :yup

  3. #3digger242j2006-12-14 21:47

    What's hard to understand is, if it was so soft that one got stuck, why would you take a second one into the same spot?

  4. #4Countryboy2006-12-14 21:53

    I was thinkin the same but didn't want to say it.:bouncegri

  5. #5Woodstock2006-12-14 22:14

    I fell in first with the 4G and just my front was in the mud. The guy helping me pushed some dry material first and was going to push me out backwards, but he fell in to. We pushed out of that spot a bunch and it was soft but the track pads would only sink about two inches. I got my cousins 420 cat backhoe and dug behind them and used the back bucket and just grabed hold of the rippers and pulled them out backwards. It was fun, dark, and two cases of beer.:drinkup We also had to tie the backhoe to a tree, it kept sliding in to.

  6. #6Dozerboy2006-12-14 23:24

    I can't count the # of times I have gotten 2 or more machines stuck tiring to get one out.

  7. #7digger242j2006-12-15 05:39

    Would it help if you take your shoes off, so you can use your toes too? :bouncegri

  8. #8Dozerboy2006-12-15 22:21

    Oh no I can't do that I have my sneakers on and no ones around to tie them after I'm done.

  9. #9digger242j2006-12-15 22:25

    Have your mom buy you the velcro kind next time then. :yup

  10. #10Countryboy2006-12-15 22:25

    I got the ones with Velcro straps so I don't have that problem.

  11. #11Countryboy2006-12-15 22:27

    Digger typed it faster than I could hunt-n-peck. :cool2

  12. #12digger242j2006-12-15 22:37

    I hunt and peck too. You used two words more than I did though....

  13. #13xkvator2006-12-16 07:40

    i've only tied mine once...the day i got them... slip on, slip off :yup

  14. #14Tigerotor77W2007-01-03 12:47

    I love these forums. It's such a great mix of humor and expertise... and pictures of stuck machines over beer-laden operators. I hope it stays this way. :cheers There's not heart emoticon though! :bash

  15. #15JDOFMEMI2007-01-03 23:24

    Every time I have seen a dozer ty to go get a stuck dozer, the result is always 2 stuck dozers. I go get an excavator, or for small dozers, a backhoe will do sometimes. Trying to use another dozer will hust make more work. Looks like they did the right thing in the end.

  16. #16CAT245ME2007-01-06 19:13

    You know its funny, when I started my last job, the guys told me that if you get something stuck to walk away and tell someone that you found the machine that way because thats what they do.:yup

  17. #17stumpjumper832007-01-14 19:21

    Why is it that some operators think that they can drive through anything? My father trained me that when you get stuck, dont spin. Spinning just diggs you in and makes you find bigger equipment. If you quit while your weight is still on the tracks or tires, usually getting you out doesn't require an excavator or crane. Yeah, I don't get the push you out thing either, get a chain and pull from good ground. But then I wouldn't have funny pics to amuse myself with...