Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got the new trailer

Jim Dandy ยท 2014-06-20 21:34

Thought I would share some trailer pics with my fellow rednecks. I ordered the Towmaster 25 ton trailer back in February and it finally got here. I am very satisfied but will have to move the storage box. It is way to low. It has already rubbed the ground in the first 2 hours. I will also have to figure out the right pressure for the lift axle. It has air ramps and I really like them. Well see how everything holds up.

Replies10
  1. #1pafarmer2014-06-20 22:11

    Very nice trailer. I lime Towmaster quality and materials used. I own a 7 ton Towmaster skid steer trailer and I'm p,eased with it..good luck with your new trailer.

  2. #2Karl Robbers2014-06-20 23:22

    Gee, that box is low. I am surprised it's still on there and hasn't been wiped out on something. Nice looking trailer. What type of coupling does it use?

  3. #3mitch5042014-06-21 00:08

    It looks like you need to move the eye on the trailer tongue down a notch to match the hitch height of your truck. The trailer should ride level. Pitched down like that, it puts most of the weight on the front axle. This will raise your box a little, too.

  4. #4hmearth2014-06-21 07:35

    Nice tag trailer nicly finshed

  5. #5Multiracer2014-06-21 08:38

    Mitch504 hit the nail directly on the head. Any multi axle trailer should ride level when loaded. It also looks as though for the deck length the axles are mounted to the rear about 24" too far ?

  6. #6SVTSHELBYGT5002014-06-21 08:58

    Nice looking trailer ! i just ordered a 25 ton felling 2 wks ago . with air lift axle and air ramps . 16 wks lead time . they must be busy . are you lifting axle from cab of the truck ? do your ramps work ok if loading or unloading on uneven areas ?

  7. #7CM19952014-06-21 09:15

    Good looking trailer, congrats! Mitch beat me to it, I would lower the pintle on the trailer a notch too, that should level it out. Axle spacing looks dead on. I would move the storage box from the trailer to the dump truck if you have a place to mount it, that's too nice of a box to be in the kill zone.

  8. #8Jim Dandy2014-06-21 21:48

    The trailer will be pulled by two dump trucks so before adjusting the pintle I want to hook the other truck up and see where I am. I think the height of the trucks is close. The box will have to be moved. Since I pull it with different trucks I wanted to keep the box on the trailer. This trailer seems to not have the ground clearance of my old 20 ton eager beaver. Did Towmaster get the strength by making the main beams taller? What I am getting at is if the ground clearance is in fact lower then I will have to be more careful when I pull into fields and stuff. GT 500, I have only used the trailer once but both times off road (somewhat uneven surface) and the ramps did fine. The lift axle is lifted by a valve on the trailer. It has a pressure gauge and an adjusting knob. I will have to learn how to make the adjustment. Somebody told me not set for than 50lbs. I was playing with it when first picked it up and if you set the pressure for 80lbs the other 2 axles come off the ground. the pressure is adjusted for the weight of the load. Towmaster said they were very busy and it took them a month longer than they originally said.

  9. #9DoyleX2014-06-22 10:21

    I see the chain box is about the size of a 12 pack yet. I moved my jack and member forward. The axle spacing is spot on for full deck and heavy moves. You opted for extra D-rings mounted on the outside of the rail. Never did understand the inside the rail pocket thing. One thing you might like is a heavy plate of steel where your boom sits.

  10. #10gwhammy2014-06-23 20:40

    With big loads does it want to pick the back of the truck up? I block under the tail of mine to keep most of the lift out. Sorry, I just noticed the feet on the ramps. Nice trailer, I'm guessing two axles are on springs and one is air ride?