Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got Them Keys

Louis 955 jr ยท 2010-04-23 20:31

Hey guys, I just recently bought a whole set of keys from my neighborhood Van Keppel store, and it seemed like alot of them I will never end up using. I have a question for you guys, what kind of keys do you use the most operating on a dirt crew or where ever you work? :beatsme

Replies6
  1. #1qball2010-04-25 21:19

    cat 2 prong and ignition case komatsu deere dozer and hoe keys

  2. #2Louis 955 jr2010-04-25 21:27

    Yeah, same here so far. But Ive used my takeuchi and volvo keys I bought too

  3. #3CascadeScaper2010-04-25 21:48

    I only need Cat and Komatsu keys at work, that's all my outfit runs. I do have a master set that I keep in my rig just in case I come across anything else.

  4. #4diggerdave19582010-04-25 22:01

    I have 3 keys i use everyday, Cat, Case and Bobcat. But in my truck i have a set with about 15 other keys just in case i need one.

  5. #5RobVG2010-04-25 22:52

    I've got one of those sets too. My favorite it the Case key, it has a bottle opener on the back. :drinkup

  6. #6junglejim2010-04-27 08:57

    Cat key is all I need for the company I am working for now. Been there 10yrs. They change every machine to a cat key when puchased including their trucks (not p/u) carryalls, mixers, dumps, ect. And NO they are not worried about theft for some reason (GPS-shhhh!).Anyways like other ones said I do have two master sets of everything just in case.