Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got what they deserved

thepumpguysc ยท 2017-09-20 19:57

Seeing this is the "catch-all" forum.. lol [in my opinion only..] I just heard this story & don't have a link.. I friend of mines buddy, was coming home from the deer hunting club him & his family belong to.. WAY OUT in a rural community.. 2 lane road, doing 60 in a 55.. This big Merc cruiser pull in behind him & its so close he cant see the headlites.. He taps the brakes & the car backs off.. MIND YOU its a 2 lane.. at nite with PLENTY of room AND TIME to pass.. The Merc speeds up & does it again.. the guy taps the brakes again.. NOT slamming on the brakes.. just taps them so the lites come on.. The Merc comes around & shoots up the guys truck as they pass !!!! There is a gas station about a mile up the road & the Merc pulls in.. the truck pulls in as he's calling the police.. just sitting there waiting for the police when the passenger gets out.. baggy pants & all w/ a pistol in his hand and proceeds to walk up to the driver of the truck.. BIG MISTAKE.. seeing he JUST got back from deer hunting.. the hunter dropped the guy were he stood.. w/ 1 blast of his shot gun.. & being the "wannabe" gangsters they are.. the other guys got out of the MERC.. BIG MISTAKE.. THOSE 2 are in the hospital w/ gunshot wounds.. The guy drove home without so much as a ticket.. Lol

Replies21
  1. #1Junkyard2017-09-20 20:13

    You reckon they'd wise up if this happened more? Nah me neither!

  2. #2DIYDAVE2017-09-20 20:45

    Got a link? Was it dumb gangster season?

  3. #3d9gdon2017-09-20 21:16

    After a long day, it's nice to hear a feel good story.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2017-09-21 15:17

    The guy was lucky he had a gun with him. Just one more reason to be armed. Wish we had a link.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2017-09-21 19:13

    I looked for the link & cant find it. Its a GREAT STORY tho..

  6. #6DMiller2017-10-11 11:09

    Had a job where I had to work downtown St. Louis, always, ALWAYS carried in my lunch box a smallish revolver. Ruger Redhawk stainless 5 1/2" barrel 44mag usually 44 special loads in it. Walked out to my car ON THE STREET as we were NOT allowed to park on company property, boss said insurance would not cover(BS), so walking out a Vagrant comes close asks for a 'Dolla', "needs a dolla fo my wine" So I shrug him off walk away telling Have no cash. Guy is persistent following slowly mouthing something and lets me access the car when he pulls a Knife, says "I Tol you I needs a Dolla", as I shoved that Redhawk into his face. He stood straight up saying something unintelligible as I said drop the knife, then "Run". He turned, I shot into a old pile of rotted junk and could not believe how hard it is to hear when you fire a weapon from inside a car!! He was making tracks and I was never bothered again. I do think he **** himself if not also pissed down both legs!

  7. #7hosspuller2017-10-11 12:51

    Dmiller ... 44 Mag a "Smallish revolver" ? ? Your lunch box equal to a Pullman suitcase ...

  8. #8DMiller2017-10-11 17:41

    Caught me, was a toy back then, did not have long as the damn thing was too hard to recover for second shot. Moved back to a 1911. Love the ACP.

  9. #9old-iron-habit2017-10-15 21:58

    Next to a 500 S&W, why sure its a small one.

  10. #10Truck Shop2017-10-15 22:10

    I prefer the 475 Super Max Linebaugh my self. Truck Shop

  11. #11RZucker2017-10-16 01:58

    Me.. I guess I'm just traditional, .44 mag or .45 long Colt does the job. I do like my Beretta 92 for daily carry. And my Colt 1911 once in a while.

  12. #12DMiller2017-10-19 16:29

    I carry a 1911 any more, whole lot easier on recoil, and just as nasty when it hits the mark!

  13. #13Hobbytime2017-10-19 16:33

    glock 30s...quality not quantity...

  14. #14DMiller2017-10-19 17:18

    I do own Browning HiPowers, Quantity AND quality just small cal for my shooting!

  15. #15kenh2017-10-19 18:53

    I have a Taurus, 4" ported barrel in .44 mag. not bad on recoil. Usually carry .40 cal Glock or 1911, occasionally CZ 7gB 9mm. Id. issues concealed carry Lic. Laser sights on all the autos. Week eyes. Green Laser visible in daytime at short range. Thought about carrying Mauser 96 Broomhandle, BIG! LOL. It shoots pretty good, concealment is the issue

  16. #16crane operator2017-10-19 19:39

    I used to own a model 29 S&W 44 mag, 8 3/8" barrel. It was a beautiful gun, but I ended up selling it, I just couldn't shoot it accurately. I'm much better with a 1911. I decided it wouldn't matter if it was a 44 mag, if all I did was shoot into the dirt, in front of what I was shooting at. I was always anticipating the recoil.

  17. #17RZucker2017-10-19 21:23

    Last week I picked up a new in box Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag with a 7" barrel... Never fired... still has the plastic shield behind the cylinder. It's a 2 screw model from 1977. I so want to shoot it. Oh... it came with 200 rounds of 240 grain hollow points. Gahh.

  18. #18JPV2017-10-19 21:42

    I have a Ruger Redhawk stainless 5 1/2" barrel 44 mag, love that thing. DMiller must have had a lunch box like Johnny Cash, big enough to hold the nuts and bolts and all 4 shocks!

  19. #19Cmark2017-10-20 04:32

    I've got a broomhandle mauser. It was my grandads. He shot a german with it.

  20. #20Queenslander2017-10-20 16:25

    I suspect there is an interesting story behind that statement Cmark.

  21. #21Cmark2017-10-21 05:23

    Yep. Benidorm 1986. The b*****d tried to put his towel on his sunlounger.