Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bosch RSV governor question

Ct Farmer ยท 2017-09-15 21:11

I have a question on a Bosch RSV governor on a P series pump. The engine is a Volvo TD103KAE. The entire throttle control system has been rigged by a previous owner and I am trying to straighten things out. Throttle is controlled by a linear actuator and fuel shutoff is done by an electric fuel valve in the incoming line. My question is what do I do with the manual shutoff lever? Tie it down in one position? Let it float? My shop manuals don't mention it. It is internally spring loaded upward. With a push up it clicks against a stop. Push down, let go and it jumps up. Previous owner appears to have had a peace of wire tied to it. Thanks for the help just don't want to cause any damage by missing something. Thanks for the help.

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-09-16 04:12

    Just push it against the stop [up] & leave it alone.. the spring will keep it in position.. IF it makes you feel better you can wire it..

  2. #2Ct Farmer2017-09-16 08:18

    Thanks!