Suspect this to be a cheesy mess but is a 75 Autocar Cummins 250 RT8DLL fuller with a fifteen foot(probably 12 yard) dump bed tandem with super single floaters on front in Leslie MO, $3500. Calls it a on-site machine but had been recently licensed. Steel nose, diamond plate front fenders, suspect an old mixer chassis, rectangular headlamps. So I at least have to take a look.
Sounds interesting. Some pics of it would be awesome.
Will be looking at it Thursday. Do know it WAS a old mixer chassis, has had the typical lime burned frame rail patch on a the outside rail of double frame, will be the first thing I look at. The old man(older then me) that has it bought it for the bed, then decided was too good a machine to cut up and used it on his farm. Probably an old Breckenridge Material or Material Service Company truck from St. Louis as is original black paint cab. Turbo 250 Small Cam, RTO11908LL , rubber ride Hendrickson and 44,000 Eaton finals on 22.5 Dayton six spoke. Photos if IF I bring it home, maybe even if I don't.
I saw it too. Almost sent it to you. Maybe it's a diamond in the rough..... I do have some spare A-car parts that might help if you snag it....
Take some pictures even if you don't buy it. We always like to work.
When even I go look at iron, just to get see it, it hardly ever ends well. Almost always end up adopting the machine........ +1 for pictures.
One thing to consider is those old Kelowna cab A-Cars are hard to buy cab parts for especially glass, same with Western Stars. The Stars had basically no factory back up on parts so most parts were special order. Anything with the Kelowna cab is rough to get parts for. Which dates from late 50's thru late 80's. The model your looking at is probably a AC or DK64 just guessing. Truck Shop
I worked around the old Kelowna cabs a long time, steel and heavy, basically the old White cab line but pretty durable. We have a glass shop that can get the W/S's as I found one for a friend in Stoney Hill last year there for his White. A lot of salvagers around here still have the worn out mixers from about this period so some odd pieces still floating and we have a Western Star distributor that had found me some pieces in other dealer NOS a few years back. Scary, naa, temperamental, probably but gotta remember I own a Allis too!! I am thinking this a DK
Hard to get the picture out of my head!! UGLY! KK Series Engine started right up, hard throttle up slight miss(probably pushrod(s) full of oil) Trans is reasonably tight pattern and shifted good. Walking beams do walk Sideways, bushings almost done, upper torque arms are had. Cab surprisingly is solid, front fenders are rusted thru and hoods side panels bent in corners. Scary is the steering play with everything else moving is really sloppy, then the fish plated frame flanges, both sides where the rust buildup had splayed them up from being a mixer most of its life, just at four feet plates cut out and welded back in on outer of dual frame. Bed went up fine, has AT LEAST two bottoms in it, needs to come back off and cut up. I just had to say NOOOOO!
More photos, 22.5 rubber(mostly) Will throw in extra tires/wheels to make a good set and all tubeless, has a set of Super Singles for front.
Need to add has four wheel parking cans, rears should come off if keep as dump truck about 30-40% brakes on it. Wiring is a mess, most lamps don't work, some instrumentation not working. Would take a GREAT DEAL to make more than a yard truck or tow to site truck.
To bad it is not in better shape. I like the look of these old beauties.
I love the old misfits, Allis HE, A-car, B series Mack, Brockway any of those that most people would ignore but timeless machines. Guess I am drawn to the simplicity and austere appearance of the machines, a curse and a blessing at the same time.
OK someone come beat me with the Sensibility stick, I keep going back and looking at the photos, thinking "I can fix that!" Can't help myself in that I get drawn to these machines, knowing full well it is a lifelong project even as I know I can make it better!
I have absolutely no doubt you can do it. Wherher or not it's the right path to a useable truck I don't know. I've had a few projects like that....they become never ending. I would look at it from a "what will make the DOT many happy" standpoint first. Brakes, tires, broken stuff, lights. Then you're on to creature comforts. It'll add up fast. If it was a rare truck or one you've always had a hankering to get then I can see it, well a little more anyway . Another thing to consider is not hurting yourself any worse or delaying recovery. Some of that repair work is hard labor, as you well know. I am all but certain that somewhere is a slick clean little truck that fits your budget and won't take a ton of work and your hard earned dollars!