I posted last year where I spent some hours in a Kub U55 and it did EVERYTHING I bitched about on the CATs. Smooth all the way around. Coming out of bigger 25-30T machines, I honestly don't even know what the littles can do but I was never depressed with the digging power of the CAT 305, just control super sucked. Those Kubs are rented out and I need something for a few days. What is on the menu is Bobcat E60s. I remember running one a decade ago and was mostly happy, but I was digging like 50ft of trench and 1hr of seat time. What I need is good fine motion controls on this job, not really speed or power, but I don't want a turd either. Cab and hydro thumb is a must on this deal. The takeuchi dealer is getting back to me tomorrow but honestly, I don't think anyone will touch the Bobcat deal. They will put it right on the job priced right. But I also sort of want to take a Tak for a lunch date too. The Kub U55 is a zero swing, 12,2k machine. I didn't have to push it's limits other than trying to crush steel culvert pipe, and that became fun to watch. I felt like that Kub was good enough but no real tests of speed, and usually my test is booming up while swinging. That puts a machine on the limit every time. I mention previous machines because the Tak dealer is asking what I want. I don't know! I meant to even ask the difference in the 200 and 300 machines. Is that the conventional weight vs zero swing? Im prob good with either on this job, but it is tight so zero swing would be nice. Im so used to that big azz that I look for it instinctively.
No replies yet.