Got a possibility to go do some clean up in middle Tn on the ash spill. What gives and is it worth going and do they pay? Thanks in advance!
I am still waiting on money from Katrina! I will never do another government job again.
XCAV8R how are u planning on getting in? Owner operator or just operator? I am in the local 917 in Knoxville, live in Kingston where it happened and have tried my hardest to get sent out on the job. Been layed off since Nov. 4 and really need work but cant get in! Send me a PM if you need any help I know some people on the inside!
Not sure yet, I got a phone call from a friend yesterday that asked if I had any interest on going up there and I told him to get the details. I have my own backhoe and dumptruck so I would be trying to get in as owner but will have to see what the details are. I will give any details I can as soon as I find out something, I feel your pain. I may need an operator for the backhoe so I can drive the truck, I will keep you posted. Any help with the inside hook up would be helpful, thanks. This stuff is pretty nasty, has arsenic(sp) and chrome and all kinds of good crap in it so they may not let locals in on it???? Thanks for the info Cope. I hope you get paid, I've had my share of no pays this year......def. hits you where it hurts.
Well you might have good luck with your truck but I dont know about your backhoe! Its kinda small for such a huge operation. They have some thing like 20-30 D6's probably the same for for trackhoes and a pile of aritc dumps. And the thing with the locals doent have anything to do with it, my BA says he isnt sending me because I am on permit because he wouldnt let buy my book. I have a good friend that is operating out there and he gives me the down low on whats going on. I also have my own dump, backhoe, and bobcat but would rather get in with the union because I can make more money with the overtime and all. But if you have anymore questions just let me know!
If you are working directly for the federal government, the FAR has prompt pay laws... If you are not paid within 15-30 days of submission of an approved invoice you must be paid interest. If you cant get your money contact your congressperson... You will get your money fast. If however you are working as a Sub, that is a different story, you have to submit a claim to the GC's bonding company. That takes ages.