Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GPS for dozers

bdog1234 ยท 2016-02-15 01:21

I am looking for something relatively inexpensive to put in dozers to be able to clear straight right of ways. I don't need any super RTK survey grade accuracy just something in the cab that I can input the end points into and follow the line. We have been doing this using Garmin handheld GPS units you buy at a sporting goods store and it works but the screens are small and hard to see and it would be nice to have something with a light bar like they have on farm tractors and maybe an external antenna. Any recommendations?

Replies1
  1. #1JS3002016-02-15 08:18

    Look at the Trimble EZ Guide 250 or the Outback GPS System. I use an EZ Guide on my tractor think they are around $1,250. The Outback is just a light bar I think and are around $700. I'm not sure what brand the Outback is.