I own a John Deere 120c. Do a lot of basements, Driveways, ditching, and culverts. Lokking to get into a gps or laser system that will wliminate getting out and shooting grade with a stick. I wanna get where I need to be with staying in the cab. also something I can move to my D5 dozer. Not sure if I should go GPS or laser. Ive heard laser stuff isn't actually real time... I don't want to wait for catch up if that's the case... any help is appreciated on just a direction to start looking. thanks
are you ever going to do complex slopes? Lasers are fine for single or dual slope uses, I don't know if anyone uses them for more complex surfaces. GPS is a much more expensive setup but does alot more functions. I have seen operators with a receiver mounted on the boom and they set the bucket flat in the trench to check the grade.