Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gradall 534c 4×4 not working

bgleich ยท 2014-04-29 23:14

Hello everyone, I have a 2000 gradall 534c 4x4. Problem is the 4 wheel drive is not engaging. Any thoughts? It's safe to say I don't know a thing about it. Thanks for any imput. Bob

Replies12
  1. #1tool_king2014-04-30 00:55

    Take a look at the 2/4 drive switch for power .Than look at the 2/4 drive valve.To see if the valve is switching .You can check by seeing if the valve gets magnetic field with a screwdriver by feeling for a magnetic pull on stem .If you need manual with schematic please post your email address.

  2. #2raparady2014-05-02 09:28

    Hi! I'm having the same problem. Lifted the machine off the ground and put it in 4x4 and only the front wheels spin. Could you send me the schematic on this? We don't have any service manuals.

  3. #3tool_king2014-05-09 02:17

    raparady What is you email address?

  4. #4bgleich2014-06-02 22:02

    tool_king, I guess I need the schematic since I cannot seem to figure this out. BTW, there is power at the 2/4 wheel drive switch. Thank you and my email address is [email protected]

  5. #5pajibson2014-07-02 11:05

    Can I have that manual/schematic as well I will be fixing a few issues on one of those machines over the next few weeks and the 4x not working properly is one of them. thanks [email protected]

  6. #6Knepptune2014-07-02 19:01

    Go to JLG.com. They have all their manuals online. Go to resources. Then click on manuals. Then just select the brand.

  7. #7pajibson2014-07-05 16:37

    Tried that. All they have for the c-6 models is an operators and a parts manual

  8. #8CM19952014-07-05 19:38

    As tool_king stated look at the switch first. I have a '98 534C6 and had to replace the switch once. Luckily they're cheap and can be bought at NAPA.

  9. #9Killbox Alpha2014-07-05 22:37

    Check the 4x4 toggle switch like discussed above. If the rubber boot is torn or missing it likely has gotten water in the switch and has corroded.

  10. #10bgleich2014-07-06 11:57

    Thanks for the tip

  11. #11jumper2014-10-13 22:45

    The toggle switch controls a solenoid valve which engages the 4 x 4...once the switch is good you need to check the coil i'm not sure about this particular model but with others the coils are the same and can be interchanged

  12. #12bgleich2014-10-13 23:29

    Thanks for the response. Building season is coming t a close and the lift will be in the shop soon so I can get started on looking. Thanks again