Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gradall 534c-6 won’t go forward. Reverse works.

Handy ยท 2022-08-24 22:51

Hi guys, Noob wanna be mechanic here. I have a Gradall that won't go forward, reverse works. I don't see any major leaks and hydraulic fluid tank is full. Any tips?

Replies3
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-08-24 23:11

    Check for power to the forward circuit on your F&R switch first. If good there check to make sure power is getting to forward enable coil.

  2. #2Handy2022-08-24 23:14

    Ok I will do that tomorrow and report back

  3. #3Handy2022-08-25 22:58

    I took the handle cover off and checked for continuity. I noticed 2 terminals had intermittent power when I moved the handle. So, I jumped the terminals and the thing moved forward! lol. I guess I just need to buy a new F/R handle switch whatever they're called. Next item in the list "the self level won't tilt left".