I'm new at this "excavators" but I'm trying to learn. Family firm had JCB JS175W and one day, 3 years ago forward and reverse didn't work at all. First thing mechanic told them is to fix gearbox. They checked gearbox 3 times and there was no problem. Since then excavator was parked and forgotten. I have been reading manual of 800 pages, it's complicated but possible. Everything else works fine, it turns on on first try, digging works. Problem is just travel, it's stuck in place. I will post a video of machine working, maybe that will help. If you have any info it would be great. Thank you guys.
i had same issue with my telehandler. It turned out to be a bad shifter. I would start checking there if I were you. Gear box should be the last thing to check after checking everything else out.
Could be something real simple. Is the parking brake on? I'd guess something electrical.
I don't have shifter on my JCB. Only gas and reverse pedal.
How do you engage the transmission?
Just pull lever down, when you press pedal forward it should go forward, and for reverse just press same pedal with heel. Btw I just tried to put parking brake off, and it's keeps blinking. What should I check for next?
On my old jcb telehandler, there was a plunge switch on the park brake handle assembly. Even with the brake off, the plunger got stuck and wouldn't pop out. The switch is there to disengage the trans when the brake is on. Start looking for any switches by park brake handle.