Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gradall 534c-9 – Hydraulic functions bog/shutoff engine at idle (someitmes)

sepulchral ยท 2016-03-22 19:46

JUst replaced my 4bt motor in my 534C-9 gradall, its a great machine but I noticed that the machine dies at idle when I'm performing some functions... The only cure is to "give it some gas" and everything works fine. The throttle cable is screwed up looking, but seems to work.. DO i need to raise idle (not sure how).. or is there something else i should be looking at? New hyd filters and fluid, new fuel filters.

Replies2
  1. #1Knepptune2016-03-22 20:45

    Really depends on how high it's idling now. I would just raise the idle a 150-200 rpm. Just follow your throttle linkage. You can adjust idle on the side off the pump. Once those gradalls get a little age on them they all idle low unless someone has fixed it

  2. #2sepulchral2016-03-22 21:47

    Thanks man. Is it a set screw? How can you tell rpm?