My wife and I were on vacation in St Augustine Florida and decided to go see a freind in East Palatka and ride through Hastings. Between EPalatka and Hastings I spotted this rig. Its a Gradall on tracks with the KB attachment. http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/tumblebugtaylor/180.jpg http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/tumblebugtaylor/181.jpg http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/tumblebugtaylor/184.jpg
That's called the telestick from gradall, it gives a reach of around 50' and allows to work over things that the normal boom angle won't let you do. Have only seen 3 in all my years, i heard they cost alot of $, they have a short stick for those machines also that's seen more often around here, good pic's.
I couldnt think of the name of the attachment. My neighbor had one on the old truck mounted unith they had. I bought it all for a 1000 and the man scrapping the place hammeder the gradall the day I was suppoes to get it. His telestick was home built. THey also had a narrow bucket on a long shaft about 4 feet long. I saw some work this unt had done in the pics looked handy. Id like to have one on the pond at work.