I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with a tracked Gradall equipped with a 'telestick' attachment? Company I work we do a lot of drainage work like ditching, culverts, brush mulching etc. Once in a while we get a job cleaning the larger ditches in our area and normally the technique we use is like trenching as we usually have a clay bottom so the machine sits on the swamp grass and cattails and bail to either side while pulling the slopes. But with the larger ditches which are more like canals just not as full of water.....normally. I have however been interested for quite a while in Gradall excavators due to the telescoping boom for working underneath things like powerlines, bridges and the like while have a built in tilt-feature. Now getting to the point we often can only reach part way up the slope to dump our muck leaving it having to be re-handled later so I was thinking about a long-reach excavator but they are limited in bucket capacity and swapping booms can be a pain. So I was thinking about Gradall's telestick attachment and wondering how well it works? I was thinking sitting the machine on the side of the ditch and ditching it conventionally.
No replies yet.