Looking at an older track grade all. The owner said just as he started down a hill all the functions stopped working. He ran out of hydrogen fluid. Put 20 gallons in and started it up and now nothing works. Has three pumps stacked on each other Put a gauge on the output if the last pump and less then 200psi. It the smallest so I'm assuming its the pilot pump. Didn't have a gauge for the main pumps but no pressure anywhere else and no function or pilot pressures. Think the pumps might be done but I would like to find out for sure. Thanks
Might just be air locked, is it common suction, or separate tank lines for each section?
Separate lines for each pump.. There's oil after the pumps in the hoses. Isn't a case drain either. The owner cracked line's cause he thought the same thing and bled the lines. The weird part is it just seemed to stop all the sudden. And nothing after he filled it up
Is it old enough to have a clutch between engine and pump drive? If so make sure it is engaged and not slipping. If it is flex plate drive, check to make sure it hasn't failed.
I think its a late 80s unit. Its an 880c I think. I was reading about them last night and saw something about a clutch. Do the track ones have clutches to ? Was thinking the SME after reading that but never see a how with a clutch. Thanks
Pilot pump just needed to be bled. Keep it simple I guess
Ah, open center circuits=no pressure until a function is activated. Glad you got it!