Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil

MOFarmer2013 ยท 2016-09-22 20:12

This is a total newbie question. We got a case cx210. I think it's a 2006 or 2007. I'm going to put more hydraulic oil in. There is a pressure release value that looks like is held on by 4 Allen screws and beside that their is a small hole that takes a 1/2 socket to screw it out. Where do you put the hydraulic oil? Do I need to take off the pressure release value or the 1/2 socket screw?

Replies4
  1. #103 EC2102016-09-24 18:46

    There should be two round covers on top of the Hydrolic tank(about 10inches). I just pull one of them off and dump a bucket in. A new oring is a good idea also.

  2. #2Shimmy12016-09-24 20:42

    Remove the Allen screws AFTER pressing the button to release the pressure. Lift the breather off and fill oil there. You could remove the filter cover, but I personally don't like having that big hole open unless I'm in the shop. What kind of oil are you going to put in? Case recommends Excavator Fluid, which is really just AW 46 (or to be really technical, ISO VG 46).

  3. #3MOFarmer20132016-09-25 20:19

    Thanks for the help! I put case hydraulic oil in it. I hope that's ok. Also, my hydraulic sight glass is really cloudy (it's just the glass).. Is there any tips to know exactly how much to put in without a sight glass?

  4. #403 EC2102016-09-26 05:06

    Usually with boom down, stick out, and bucket curled in oil should be in middle of sight glass. You can pull off one of the large covers and look into the tank and see the holes where the sight glass is.