Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grade control

kc9ddy ยท 2025-01-12 14:20

I have a champion 726a it's been a good machine too me but I'd like some kind of grade control for it lazer or gps is fine by me. What I've been doing it running 2 bullseye units on each end of the blade and it works fine but it truly drives me nuts trying to watch both receivers and what I'm working around. I was thinking something like a used blade pro but don't know much about them. I run ag leader gradient on the 585 hoes trencher we have and wouldn't be above something like that as well. So any information would be greatly appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1cuttin edge2025-01-12 15:47

    $$$$$

  2. #2Cliffy2025-01-12 17:11

    Wonder if you could Retrofit an cat acugrade off a H series grader.

  3. #3cuttin edge2025-01-12 17:41

    Ar you looking at machine control, or something you can watch, and adjust manually? Some of those systems are well over a hundred thousand. I think we have like 5 hand held rovers to use locally, that use our office as a base. They bought a new base and rover this summer for out of town work, and it was $35 grand. I think they looked at some type of machine control for slope, but it was when we had our old 730 Champion, and the sales guy said the machine was too sloppy in the joints.

  4. #4ovrszd2025-01-12 18:03

    I don't claim to know anything about this. But I know the machine would need to be very tight for any accuracy. Anxious to hear what you guys come up with.

  5. #5kc9ddy2025-01-12 18:11

    I'm not against running it manually and like you stated I've got a few joints that are lose but I'm in the act of getting them tighten back up. I just want something better than I got now it works but it's a pain

  6. #6cuttin edge2025-01-12 20:10

    If you scroll down the main page farther, there is a section on GPS, and machine control