I heard about these Graders many years ago only ever saw one in NEW Zealand some english guy tried very hard to sell us one we never remembered who he was or what company he represented:cool2 can anyone throw some lite on subject
Hauled a few new Blaw-Knox pavers about 20 years ago, from the factory to dealerships. I THINK the factory was somewhere in Indiana or Illinois...... Never knew they made a grader.
Hi, cant help with the english guy, but my Dad has a Blawknox grader model Bk12, it is still in working order, he used it years ago, and now he is well retired. He has a bit of ancient equipment, Eg Ruston Bucyrus RB19 shovel, Case 1000 "C" and "D" model loaders, and a White Super Power prime mover truck also all in working order. If any pictures are required I can help, also the above equipment is for sale. I would love to see some of it restored back to new condition. Stephen.
Stehen, it might be worth putting some photos on the HCVC Forum, especially the old White, it is a truck enthusiast forum and there are quite a few in the eastern states. There is also a Tractors and Old Stuff section, someone might even be interested in the loaders and shovel, or maybe know someone who is. Here is a link. http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl RnR.
Hello Stephen, Thanks for the information, Downer & Co had one, it was Used when Auckland international Airport was being built. If My memory serves me correctly The Paving Was carried out by Taylor Woodrow{ English Company} and Downer Construction. (NZ Company) That would have been 1960/61/.62 It was same HP as Cat 12 ( I Think) The Grader was owned by Downer & Co .Downers was A part o f the CablePrice Downer Group, They were agents for Allis Chalmers, Hitachi, Tree.Farmer Log Skidders,Mercedes Benz Products, they allso had Construction Division. Steel Products, etc So They well may havew had Agency For Blawknox Products I know they did not have it in their product range in the Late 1960 era
Thanks RocksnRoses for that information. I've signed up! Didn't know where to go and you've been a great help.
I have never heard of one do you have pictures and specs???
Hi, 1970Cat16, No I have no photos at all, i am going to new Zealand Shortly so will have poke about for it while i,m there.have to start at wreckers i guess. I see Stephen a new members Father has one so may be Stephen could put photo on forum, now that would be nice, They were Same spec as Cat 12 in that Era 1959
Hi, finding this site hard to work out in relation to posting pics of Dads grader, or it could be my lack of coumputer experiance. However, keep an eye on Gumtree, Ebay, or the hcvc site that Rocksnroses put me onto. Over the next few weeks I will be advertising alot of Dads gear in one of these. Sorry for any inconveience. Stephen.
hI Stephen, About photos I have not been able to work it out how to get them on this site, Guess I will ahve to get one of my Family to help Good luck selling Machines Cheers Lesp
Hi just been looking for info on bk12 grader and saw this thread.My boss has one and we use it every year to grade driveway.Goes really good.