I'm looking for instructional material on gradesetting, does anyone know where I can find a "how to book" for gradesetting?
GOOGLE" setting grade stakes". Good place to start. STUMP KNOCKER
Welcome to the Forums jusridin!:drink up What kind of information are you looking for? Reading grade stakes or setting them? Usually the surveyors will set the layout stakes with grades and us lever pullers just read 'em and go from there.
Yes, the surveyors stake out the job, but in site work or road work, in the cuts someone has to transfer the grades over so you can take out the dirt the stakes are sitting on. Also if the surveyors just give you toe and top of slope, you might need to put slope stakes in.
Thanks Buckethead, I understand that and have done it. The description was more for the OP to determine what kind of information they were looking for.
I'm looking for both, some of the info on the stakes I can read but setting and checking grade within I'm sort of lost. I'm an apprentice with OE3 and grade checking was a hard one for me. I'm looking for instructional books I can read and try to learn from. Thanks
I'm want to buy a pair of swedes or swede stands you can put lath in. Nothing comes up on google. Do swedes have another name? Are any commercially available? Usually I hear that "a buddy made them."
C- means dig this deep F- means fill this much. Not much more you need to know besides where the benchmarks are at.
Do yourself a favour and download the CivilWorks app from the app store or search CivilWorks app on you tube or google Highly recommend it
If you want to know how the position of a point is determined have a look at this video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWwgOT5OWbE All the best Bulldog
This might be of some help.
If you are oe3 go to hall ask for blue book on grade setting best book i have found and take a class at hall