Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grading bucket

Carl Peter ยท 2015-03-25 16:34

Guys what size grading bucket do you recommended for a 305.5 Cat they offer a 51" and a 63" Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1bigbob2015-03-25 17:24

    I have the 63" for my 305C CR and it seems to handle it fine. This is a tilt bucket built by Cat.

  2. #2Carl Peter2015-03-25 17:29

    I was considering the non tilt just bucket only..

  3. #3pafarmer2015-03-25 18:56

    63 inch is a really nice size for the 305.5...

  4. #4Carl Peter2015-03-26 14:43

    Thx Guys...I have never ran a mini with this type of bucket for grading and clean up work how useful are they ? Is it worth the $1,500 ?

  5. #5KSSS2015-03-26 19:35

    Worth every penny. I think those big grading buckets are invaluable. From cleaning dirt off of grass, to loading trucks from banked material, grading sidewalk. Once you have one you will wonder why you did not get one sooner.

  6. #6rockstacker2015-03-27 12:16

    If you have an old edge off a skidsteer bucket you can weld it to the last 2 teeth and make a homade grading bucket. My buddy at cat calls this a butter bucket. works real good

  7. #7pafarmer2015-03-27 16:19

    You are going to love it Carl. 1500 is a steal on a good grading bucket...well worth the investment. You are going to wonder why you didn't buy one sooner...