Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rattle window

rockstacker ยท 2015-03-25 23:22

recently got 2011 304dcr mini and seems to be great machine but man does the sliding windows on right side of cab rattle. anyone ever dealt with this

Replies10
  1. #1Ronsii2015-03-26 00:32

    I usually just shove a thick of foam rubber between rattly windows on ex's... seems like a lot of different types do it.

  2. #2pafarmer2015-04-18 08:56

    A few well placed Packing peanuts works pretty good too....

  3. #3Garrie Denny2015-04-18 23:01

    Are Packing the brand name of peanuts ? or are packing peanuts something different to the one you eat ?

  4. #4pafarmer2015-04-19 03:38

    Well, hummmmm, excellent question GD. I never tried to eat a packing peanut but imagine a fellow could eat them if he was hungry enough. I don't recall seeing that as a brand name either come to think it. I can tell you, they go everywhere when you do encounter them in a box and stick to your hands when you attempt to pick them up all over the floor. My dog seems to.think they are pretty good fun to have around and will crap them out straight away in the same condition they entered. The green ones look far more edible than the white ones but don't be fooled by that because my dog eats both and never showed a favorite of one over the other....and he is a picky eater...I'll be back in touch if I can figure out more on this mystical blob of expanding foam.....in the meantime try not eat too many....: http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/peanuts/N=530215+5/

  5. #5CM19952015-04-19 09:16

    Plastic bottle caps will tighten 'em up to.

  6. #6tylermckee2015-04-19 12:25

    Folded up cardboard, wood shim, a stick or tree root, whatever fits.

  7. #7Garrie Denny2015-04-20 06:00

    O.K. pafarmer, give you that, well done. Down here we call it poly-foam (beading), im with you American stuff now, thanks.:notworthy

  8. #8pafarmer2015-04-20 06:41

    Just having alittle fun GD. Glad to see your good nature. Americans seem to give everything a unique name vs just calling it what it really is....everyone refers to them as packing Peanuts due to them resembling a peanut in shape and size...

  9. #9Garrie Denny2015-04-21 04:26

    pafarmer: I figured you were. Have you ever tried Macadamia nuts ? No Kidding now. They are a Queensland Nut from here only, if you like eating nuts these are the Rolls-Royce of Nuts.Peanuts,Cashew.or any other type are 2nd-3rd in comparrision to Macadamias. If you send me an address, via private message site I will send you over a small packet, no charge to try. Guaranteed ..you will love them. Your call.

  10. #10pafarmer2015-04-21 05:31

    I have eaten them many times GD. They are the best by far. Wife loves them as well and uses them in her baking allot around the Holidays.