Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grandpa told me, “If it has tracks tires or teets its gonna be trouble”.

Diggin Fool ยท 2015-02-09 10:28

Help appreciated: Ford Backhoe identification stickers are painted over or missing I was poking around the threads looking for help with my new toy. I have work to do but am going nowhere fast. Here are a few questions: What is the differenced between a INDUSTRIAL and a TLB? All factory stickers are gone due to a complete repaint and the previous owner could not advise. Is there another way to identify what my machine is ? I think it may be a 6500 series. Does anyone have pictures of a 1973-1975 6500 TLB that I could look at? My machine has a 4cyl. diesel, Engine casting number above oil pan reads: C7MN6015C7873 W/ A Clark Industries model 121HR28300 coupled to what looks like a Ford Bell Housing/Torque Converter w/ 3 position 1,2,3, gear selector Fwd Rev shuttle on column w/ dump valve on Right side of steering wheel. The Hoe has model number CB00007. Once I figure out what my machine is I will have more questions I'm sure. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Replies13
  1. #1old-iron-habit2015-02-09 10:57

    TLB is tractor/loader/backhoe. Industrial normally has a loader and back blade, or in the older models some came with a counter weight. Some one will ID your model from the pictures. Good luck with it.

  2. #2grandpa2015-02-09 19:23

    And grandpa is ALWAYS right!!!!

  3. #3RonG2015-02-10 00:57

    I can see why they sold it.......brrrrrrrr.Ron G

  4. #4oarwhat2015-02-10 07:18

    Looks like a Ford 550 or maybe even earlier. Hard to tell. It has the chain for the boom swing. If that ever breaks watch out. We need closer pictures and one from the front.

  5. #5Diggin Fool2015-02-13 12:59

    Thank you for the response fellas. I am new to this technology. Everything takes me longer than it should. I have been busy with other things and the cold temperatures and snow slows me down. I will attempt better pictures when the weather turns a bit warmer. Your machine looks an awful lot like mine does. Its about 11 degrees, the wood stove is lit, I am in for a bowl of soup.Stand by.

  6. #6Diggin Fool2015-02-13 13:04

    Oh yeah and by the way this ole girl starts for me every time I need her to. Even in these low temps.....However I don't like stressing her out with cold starts so I WILL ONLY DO THAT IF I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

  7. #7Diggin Fool2015-02-13 13:09

    You are in CONNECTICUT and old iron habit is up in MN so tell me that you both are enjoying warmer temperatures while I suffer with single digits

  8. #8Diggin Fool2015-02-13 13:16

    I am just learning how to post so bear with me fellas this is all new to me. I don't have the internet savvy that most of you do.

  9. #9RonG2015-02-13 17:32

    I spent the first 18 years or so in Eastbrook so I know what cold is,that is why I shivered.It has been pretty cold here this winter too.I ran a grader for a few years with a Ford diesel in it and it seemed like it would start in any temperature.Of course we don't pave after the asphalt plants close here on the first of December but I never had a problem with it.Ford makes engines in South America,Brazil I think but they have always been pretty good engines,I am pretty sure the F8 trucks and under use them now,or did anyway.Ron G

  10. #10old-iron-habit2015-02-13 20:12

    We have had a decent winter in Minnesota so far this year. December was cold and no snow. -20 was the coldest day and did not last long. We typically have cooler spells. January and February so far has been great until now. Tomorrow has a projected high of -1 and a fair breeze. We finally got 5" of snow. Ground was brown until yesterday. Normal would be 75" to 100" by now.

  11. #11herm2015-02-13 23:04

    We've got it a little colder here in labrador, NE Canada.-31 C here this morning,warming up pretty good now ,another batch of snow coming.to much snow......

  12. #12ol' Grump2015-02-14 08:51

    Overall it looks like my 1985 Ford 555A backhoe, but mine has hydraulic swing on the backhoe so at a guess, it'd be a a bit older than mine

  13. #13Diggin Fool2015-03-15 10:17

    Thank you fellas. Carogator helped me figure out my Ford 6500 mystery. Here is the link: HeavyEquipmentForums