Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grapple attachment on John Deere 319d

qr10 ยท 2017-03-31 14:21

Hey gang, Having trouble attaching and detaching the hydraulic lines. Hydraulics are shut off, but still feels like pressure in the lines. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Rentalstop2017-04-02 21:15

    Grapple bucket may have a check valve. Designed to hold the grapple position even if the pressure drops, keeping the grapple tight on what you have clamped. Do you have the grapple closed tight ? Maybe try opening a little and turning the machine off. With the machine off try togggling the hydraulic lever or switch, depending on your machine.

  2. #2Tractorguy2017-04-02 23:15

    See if it's any easier attaching them when machine is running, lines should only have pressure when functions are being actuated.

  3. #3Todd v.2017-04-03 18:35

    It should be easy to unhook as long as there is no pressure on either side, make sure the grapple isn't clinched. You may also have a little leak in a valve or something on the machine side, try shutting the machine off when hooking up? I have had to crack a fitting loose before on the grapple because I unhooked it with pressure on it, but I learned quickly to leave it open just a hair.

  4. #4qr102017-04-04 10:26

    Hello, Thank you for your replies. I tried them all and it seemed as if toggling the switches made it easier. I opened the grapple too. I hadn't tried it when it was running, though the display shows the hydraulics are off when the parking brake is engaged. Thanks again for your answers.

  5. #5RTSmith2017-04-04 17:56

    Before I disconnect mine, I shut the machine off. Then turn key back on, and toggle the park switch. Then I can cycle the aux hyd control, and relieve/equalize pressure before disconnecting which will make it easier to reconnect next time. When the grapple is parked, plug the lines together- it equalizes any pressure changes, and keeps them cleaner. And like was said above, if you just can't get it- crack a line on the grapple to release the pressure. Especially happens to me is disconnect in cold weather and then it sits a while, and I try and connect in hot weather.

  6. #6hvy 1ton2017-04-04 18:44

    Neighbor's jcb telehandler has a switch to dump the pressure in the aux circuit, thought that was pretty cool.

  7. #7qr102017-04-05 06:19

    Thanks again guys. This is a cheaper model. Does not have a dump switch. I have cracked the hoses and that definitely helped. I believe toggling the switches is the way. I did see it mentioned some other place. Thanks again for you info and time