I have a BrushRaker grapple I use on my L6060 tractor. Works great, has held up for many years. It is perfect for my use and I believe it is benefitted from the extension away from the tractor by the loader arms. I just traded a Case tracked skid for a Kubota. Love the Kubota, but need a little larger grapple for it and its capabilities, diff in fittings on tractor vs skid, etc. So keeping the BrushRaker on the tractor. Recommendations on brand and type grapple for the skid? Clamshell style like the Brushraker or the other style, which I have no name for that has a more rectangular appearance when viewing from the end? Seems since the load is closer to the cab the flatter bottom grapples may work best?
Jenkins skeleton grapple. Mine lives on my cat about 90% of the time. I love it, it’s built well.
I've got a CID brand grapple rake for my SVL65, well made and heavy duty. Works excellent for cleaning up land clearing jobs, grubbing out small stumps and brush, moving piles of brush, loading logs, etc: Also have a grapple bucket for my Case 1845C, its some off brand that's made in NC, quality is fair but I'd want something better if I were using it on a larger SS or CTL. That said, it's probably the most versatile attachment I have. Not as good at raking/grubbing, but it adds the versatility of both a bucket and a grapple in one. If I only bring one attachment to a job on the 1845C its that grapple bucket. Also extremely useful around the farm, use it to unstack/carry/feed round bales, push snow, load manure, load logs on the sawmill, carry posts/fencing material, etc:
I have a SkidPro grapple that I have been pretty happy with. They are out of Minnesota.
Nice fleet. How wide is your LGP 450C? Looks like the blade is wider than a normal 450C.
Nice grapple. If we performed more land clearing jobs that type of grapple is the one I would go for as well. The replaceable teeth are key.
Thanks, its a 450C Wide Track. Has 20" pads, blade is just under 9' wide and it weighs about 1000-1500lbs more than the standard 450C. They must not have been very common, never seen another like it, but it's a real nice little dozer for my needs. Thanks, that style of grapple is one I hadn't really considered before, but the dealer had it on the lot and I was in the middle of a big land clearing job when I bought the SVL65 so I thought I'd give it a try. I had been planning on a rake for the dozer, but this grapple rake has done everything I need so far and is a lot easier to take on and off.
That grapple on the Kubota looks great, nice wide opening/heavy build! & replaceable teeth
That sounds like a good setup. I wonder if they turn up the engine power any on those?
Everything else is the same as the standard 450C, 70hp but IMO that is more than enough. It spins the tracks easier than say a 450G Deere or the like, it's hard on track pads if you're careless.