Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T190 Rear idler bearing came apart

SDickerson ยท 2025-01-07 08:38

So the bearing came apart in the rear idler pulley on T190. Is it okay to just replace the bearing or should I purchase a whole idler with bearing already installed. Any pros or cons to doing bearing only?

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952025-01-07 10:04

    Welcome to the Forums. My suggestion would be to replace the entire assembly. If the bearing is shot the idler is more than likely very worn as well. How's the rest of the UC?

  2. #2SDickerson2025-01-07 10:59

    Im going to put it in the shop today and get the track off to take a good look at everything. Just trying to save a penny where I can. Gonna need new tracks soon as well. I'm looking for those now so I will be ready. I have a feeling Im gonna need a new idler on the other side so I will try to replace both now if we can afford it. I love this little guy. Great machine. I will let you know what I find

  3. #3Tones2025-01-07 20:01

    Even if the idler is repairable I'd still get a new one, fix the old 1 and keep it as a spare. Are the front idlers the same?