Hey all, i'm a video game artist and i've been searching for a mini excavator for grave digging. I came across a Hansa APZ 131 (i think) here on flickr.com http://flickr.com/photos/lorraineflack/1342802902/sizes/o/ however i haven't been able to find anymore pictures of anything of this type of excavator with the tires instead of treads. anyone know any manufactures (english speaking) that make a similar type of machine?? -i would really appreciate any help.
hyundai make a five tonne rubber duck (conventional excavator with ruber tyres) or you could just use a smaller 2 or 3 tonner with ruber tracks in most brands
Interesting... That's the first I've ever seen a machine like that one. It was always my understanding that graves were dug with a plain old backhoe, equipped with a "cemetary bucket" . I have to ask, now that you've aroused my curiousity, are you looking for this machine to dig graves in real life, or just as an image to include in a video game?
digger242j: yea, i'm looking for reference images to help inspire a design i will realize in 3d. i don't intend to purchase a real machine. yea i've never seen a machine like this either. i found the Hansa web site - which took quite a search. There a German company i'm assuming: http://www.hansa-maschinenbau.de/bagger/home.html
You know as much about it as I do. :beatsme Yeah, it looks German though. I wonder what other applications it has? I assume something like that is more in line with your artistic requirements than just a backhoe with a different bucket.
grave digging mini I posted recently in the compact excavator section about an unusually excavator that was being used to dig graves. It was made by a company called Smalley who are or were an English complay. I only read about the machine in a plant magazine and remembered it cause it was different. Dont know if they are still in business. The design was very simple with non-driven wheels on one end and fixed outriggers on the other. It was similiar in concept to the machine posted above although older and cruder looking. It was moved by lifting the outriggers off the ground with the bucket and pushing or pulling itself along on its wheels. The design obviously had its limitations but it did seem to be suited to digging graves where it could minimize ground damage and deal with obstacles well. Sorry I dont have any pictures. If I find the article I will post information on it.
Here you go, 360joe--we actually have a member here that has one: He's posted on it in a couple of different threads. To find them all, just search for more posts by member Smalley360.
ok, i guess i can just wing it. if i get the project i can post images if anyone is interested.