Anyone know the correct grease fitting size on the Takeuchi TB260? Looks like 3/8” / 24
Do you have a thread gauge and calipers? I was replacing a couple grease fittings on a JD 35D which I believe is made by Hitachi. The fittings turned out to be British Standard Pipe Taper which is 28 threads per inch where 1/8 NPT is 27 threads per inch. If you can determine what the diameter is and if thread is metric or inch and if tapered or not it should not be hard to identify.
I used a micrometer across the threads and got 3/8”. Pitch gauge shows 27 SAE or 1 metric. Not sure which it should be AND the ones I’m finding on Amazon all say 3/8-24
Is it tapered or does it bottom in the threaded hole? could it be 28 TPI? measuring something that small with 5 or 6 threads accurately can be difficult. BSP 1/8 - 28 is very close to 3/8" OD.
It bottoms out. Thanks for the info. I’ll post what I get to work.
(Looking thru drawer for one)
On a zerk nipple, 1/8" NPT and 1/8" BPT as so close you can screw an NPT fitting in a BPT hole and it will sink almost all the way to the hex of the fitting, you'll know the hole is BPT if that happens. But it's not metric, don't let the parts store tell you otherwize.
Any update on this? I got some new pins from Takeuchi for my TB260 and the 1/8" John Deere fitting will only screw in maybe 2 threads. So maybe they are tapered threads in the pin where the JD ones are straight? Seems kinda odd... So I guess I need to get some genuine Takeuchi fittings? They are pretty cheap:
I picked some up. Yep, the oem Takeuchi ones are tapered and fit like a glove. The Deere ones are straight thread.