Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease Fittings Clogged

TomWei · 2021-07-10 22:06

Handful of fittings wont take grease and after changing out fittings they are all in the same area, undercarriage, beached the bitch in clay a while back how can i put grease in without removing pins? thanks

Replies6
  1. #1mekanik2021-07-11 09:30

    I have cleared plugged grease fittings with a Port-Power pump. Make up an adapter and force hydraulic fluid through the plugged ones.

  2. #2Delmer2021-07-11 09:39

    with the zerk removed, clean the grease out with brake cleaner. If you can get any oil in the joint while it's working, that can help loosen the packed dirt. The porta power works good, if it doesn't, lift the joint and/or work it with pressure applied.

  3. #3Shimmy12021-07-11 14:23

    What machine and what fittings?

  4. #4kshansen2021-07-11 18:10

    This is one reason I like the idea of greasing at the end of a shift and even more so when worked in nasty conditions like the clay. A quick shot before parking if done right would flush out the clay before it has a chance to harden. If the fittings are in hard to reach places I would look into extending them out with hoses or even some steel lines like brake line to a central junction point. Nice line up of fittings so it only take a couple minutes to grease everything.

  5. #5Phantom9702021-07-14 04:14

    Surely a Milwaukee gun on low will force it in.............?? I have an impact tool like an impact screwdriver. You put some oil in it then attach to the Nipple and hit it with a hammer. Works good. But I never need to use it now That I have the red electric tool above.

  6. #6JD955SC2021-07-15 06:43

    I have that grease joint rejuvenator tool tool. I find the Milwaukee works better. If it’s a joint that can be unclogged then the Milwaukee will. what I need to make is an adapter with a quick connect so I can hook the 10000 psi porta power to it and hide behind something while I hydraulically inject oil into the joint.