Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease for exposed gears componants

sea_goin_dude ยท 2011-05-20 01:41

New to forum folks but I maintained industrial hydraulic/pneumatic equip for 15years plus. I then taught same for Georgia Technical and Adult ed for 10 years so have a pretty good knowlege of different systems. That being said I have been reading many of the older threads and see more than a few questions about what grease to use on equipment where the grease is exposed to the elements. A friend, a few years ago ran a service station and the folks around that operated car washes where the big chain pulls the car through the water soap etc would come and get their grease from him because they said that it would last longer and not wash off their equip. Sorry I don't remember what brand of grease he used/sold. He is no longer in business but I will suggest if you have problems with your lube washing off etc of your equip. you might check with any of the car wash operators around to see if they have a suggestion that might help your problems. Since their equipment is constantly exposed to pressure washing they may be able to help/advise you As I remember this wasn't a special grease but regular chassis grease and sorry I can't tell you what it was. This was a FINA station and they are no longer in our area. He may have bought his grease from any supplier though. I will try to read and offer my 2cents worth from time to time and hope some of you find it useful.

Replies0

No replies yet.