We have a pipe layer and if there is no pipe to lay he will walk around, talk on the phone or what ever to get out of what ever it is so he doesn't have to do it? Is this normal or what? I'm used to pipe layers that will do just about anything. I get out of my backhoe and put silt fence, shovel or what ever it takes. Also today he decided that he didn't want to help pick up tools so I said something to him about it. He blow off the handle at me. I feel bad but I don't think it is right that he just walks away while everybody else cleans up after him. Tell me your opinion of what you think.
I think he wouldn't work for me long.
Hi ! don't think too long take action !!! kick him out !!! lazy
Why does he still have a job? Too many quality unemployed people out there to put up with that nonsense.
It's funny that you say that diesel gal. I thought the same thing. But my boss just wants to finish this job. We only have about 3500ft left. So I kind of understand. But on the other hand how much crap and drama do you put up with on the job site before you've had enough.
Too many quality people unemployed? Apparently you havent tried finding someone. We can hire a pile of guys, all are decent at holding a shovel up. Have yet to find a quality hire in the past two years. The guys that are good at their job are employed, and weather they like that company or not, they are sticking around for the known thing.
Sounds like another guys who deserves to be unemployed and then will sit there thinking, "What did I do to deserve being canned? I'm a victim of [insert some type of discrimination here]"
Can't stand prima-donnas, specially in these times..............must agree with Trannie though.............