Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease gun

Rfed32 ยท 2013-07-09 20:00

Looking at the Lincoln 12v and the alemite 12v grease guns...price is similar wanted to see what you guys think...I have heard good and bad about the 12v also

Replies23
  1. #1dirtmonkey2013-07-09 20:13

    Got the Lincoln 12 v, had it for YEARS ! Can't / won't live with out it ! I'm just now having issues with my batteries holding charge and that's the only reason I'm considering a new one. Maybe 14 or 18 volt. Saves ALOT of time :bouncegri

  2. #2SeaMac2013-07-09 20:14

    You may also want to look at the new Milwaukee 18v and 12v grease guns. If by chance you own other Milwaukee cordless tools the same 18 or 12 volt batteries will work.

  3. #3bigshow2013-07-09 20:19

    12 volt Milwaukee, you'll thank us later.

  4. #4powerjoke2013-07-09 21:25

    I've got several Lincoln 12v guns they are all without batteries...... I won't buy another one, am considering the Milwaukee gun myself let me know what you decide. Pj

  5. #5leisureexpress2013-07-09 21:39

    Another thread here on the same topic not too long ago:

  6. #6mitch5042013-07-09 23:05

    I have an Alemite, 14v I think. I love it . I just recently bought new batteries for it from Batteries Plus. They were much cheaper than oem and just as good or better quality.

  7. #7Rfed322013-07-10 05:57

    I'm not that interested in the Milwaukee and I found the alemite for $125 at a local shop. Mitch how many years did u get out of the bats...

  8. #8rsherril2013-07-10 07:43

    I've had tool batteries rebuilt at Batteries Plus with good results.

  9. #9mitch5042013-07-10 09:48

    I got about 5 yrs out of the original batteries.

  10. #10mudober2013-07-10 10:58

    I had a new lincoln 12V. I sold it and got the milwakee, a lot better IMO.

  11. #11SeaMac2013-07-10 16:44

    Rfed32, Here would be my recommendation with any cordless grease gun you choose. Make sure the batteries are Lithium Ion. Yes, they are more expensive but they will assuredly outlast any nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal-hydride battery on the market. As well they are not prone to discharging while not in use for extended periods of time and do not suffer from the "memory" effect associated with the other types. Not only am I an Operator but also an Electrician and have learned hard and costly lessons when it comes to cordless tools and their batteries. Hope all the input helps and good luck...

  12. #12Tinkerer2013-07-10 18:24

    I have / and recommend an Alemite 14.4 Volt. I think it is the only cordless gun that will pump 10,000 PSI.

  13. #13SeaMac2013-07-10 20:04

    Tinkerer, I just checked Milwaukee's website and their 18v will do 10,000psi in low speed and 5000psi in high whilst the single speed 12v will do 8000psi max. Not a Milwaukee salesperson or pushing their products, simply believe they offer a great value for the money.

  14. #1495zIV2013-07-10 20:40

    Just something to keep in mind, I don't know if they all do it or not, but the Interstate Battery Center in South Burlington VT, can and will rebuild your batteries for cordless tools, and they are much cheaper then buying OEM. I had 2 of the batteries for a Snap-On cordless impact done and they now work as well as the originals.

  15. #15blitz1382013-07-10 23:42

    Alemite has a lithium ion battery, Lincoln doesnt. Alemite is by far the better gun. Made in USA

  16. #16Tinkerer2013-07-11 06:46

    That is why I said I think it is the only cordless gun that will pump 10000 PSI. It wasn't available last year when I purchased my Alemite. I see it was just released to the market on 1/29/2013.

  17. #17Rfed322013-07-11 15:24

    Thanks for the help I think I'm going to go with the alemite 12v don't need anything bigger due to the fact we don't grease everyday and I found one brand new with a case that holds extra tubes for $125.00 on eBay. I'll let you know how I make out...made in the USA sold me!!!

  18. #18shadrack2013-07-25 20:28

    I researched all the brands,went with a milwaukee 18 volt with spare battery, also a 750 watt inverter to charge on job site. With 10,000 psi those stubborn zeros that you could not get to take grease with a hand gun, now all take the grease, don't want the boss to know but greasing the equipment now is kinda fun.

  19. #19DonnaGutier2013-07-27 03:26

    What are the specification of these tools which makes it differ from Lincoln 12v and the alemite 12v grease??

  20. #20Swamp rat2013-09-11 22:04

    If you have the money - the Alemite 18v lithium is awesome a couple dollars over $400 w/ two batts. , it stated it would do 23 tubes on one charge. I am on # 21 now and it hasnt slowed down , it takes 5 tubes for each greasing on the equipment and it has saved a lot of time and Money. I finally gave away two lincolns - had a 12 and 14.4 volt and the best they would do is 4 tubes - very unimpressed with Lincoln.

  21. #21Aussie Leroy2013-09-14 22:26

    Just puttin it out there ; Who make the best Grease Gun (battery operated) and what voltage i want one Cheers Leroy

  22. #22monster762013-09-14 23:25

    this is something i have been looking into also my grease gun uses air not sure what psi of grease but it pushes it through no matter what. its just dragging around the air hose is getting annoying. kinda like when i got my 1/2" snap on cordless impact what a difference now i only use the air impact when i need the 3/4 or 1" gun. im really liking the whole cordless thing alot more

  23. #23Swamp rat2013-09-15 07:04

    Monster - the Alemite gun is like going from your air impact to the Snap on , nite and day difference. The best part of this gun is you do not have to purge the air out when you put a new tube in it , just put the tube in tighten and pull the trigger and give it a second or two and its shooting grease. The only inconvience is when you empty a tube - the only way to tell its out is to not see grease coming out of the fittings or the gun, it doesnt change sound at all. I think if a recall correct the Lithium pumps to 8,000 psi , if you dont loosen the tip and you get on a fitting that will not take , the gun is soooo tight that i have broke a couple fittings off getting the gun off. But that is a good time to replace it anyway so it doesnt happen agian. Not sure of the model Snapon gun you have but i use the 18v Lithium cordless and its the cats meow - dont use air except for 1" impact now. Techknowlegy is great - well for some things atleast.