I haven't been a fan of Case not for the manufacturer itself but rather the dealer or lack of consistent dealership presence in my area. The Franchise has changed hands several times over the last 10 years and that's something I am not comfortable with. The latest dealer to land the Franchise is not a good one in my opinion but that's another topic. Just wanted to give some insight on our local situation and my reluctance to consider a Case product. Case's new offer is rather enticing. 3 YR/3000 HR warranty - industry standard pretty much, although covered components vary. 3 YR/ 3000 HR included maintenance is another ball game. http://www.casece.com/en_us/Why-Case/Pages/ProCare.aspx Case giving 3YR/ 3000 HR total machine warranty with the same coverage for maintenance is pretty impressive. Thoughts on how this will affect other manufacturers and what if any, they would change in trying to entice customers.
We've had the same dealer in our area for as long as I can recall, and a good one at that. Been here so long that the service manager retired and was replaced with an employee from within. Can't speak much for the new machines as I rarely get to be around a new one, but I don't have bad things to say about my experience with Case machines, they build solid stuff, and generally designed well from a maintenance/repair perspective. Can't really speak to their motive behind incentive to purchase. I don't know about the rest of the country, but around here, with the big dirt contractors, they pretty much stay with the big 4, Cat, Deere, Komatsu, and Kobelco, Case seems more common to the small business owner dirt guy. Maybe that's the target market they're trying to entice into purchasing by making it more attractive for their wallet.
I know this isn't Case, but we have gotten three new Hyundai wheel loaders at work in the last couple years. They all came with a 5yr/5000 hr bumper to bumper warranty, I do believe. Something like that, owner always exaggerates on the deals he gets so can't always believe him. But anyhow that was one of the main reasons he went with them over Deere. So its related to your topic and I do believe that it could bring new customers on board. Personally, I am surprised the bigger names don't stand behind the product longer than they do.
I agree. Iron is such an expensive item, yet the warranty isn't as much as most new cars. It will be interesting to see where this concept evolves with the other manufacturers. Having scheduled PM included on a machine for 3 years is a considerable benefit.
Do we even have a dealer now CM?
Exactly. Cowin is the current dealer for the Birmingham area..
Just received the new Site Prep magazine, was flipping through it quickly, they have a full page article talking to Case about this plan/warranty. Will have to read it soon and see what they have to say about it.