Something every tool kit should have. Do you have trouble starting a grease nipple into a recessed hole? Cut a short length of plastic tubing (old oil sampling tubing - you may have to heat the end for the nipple) & fit one end to a small screw driver , insert the nipple on the other & away you go. Guaranteed never to cross a thread ever again ! My tubing is pretty grubby - it's fitted just a few nipples
I just daub a little grease in a socket to hold the fitting and it works pretty good.I use your trick to hold nuts to help starting the threading process.Sometimes a straw used for drinking soft drinks etc works for certain sizes of hardware. Thanks for the tip.Ron G
Good tip Arlman, sure beats needle nose pliers. I made something similar for valve stem caps on inside duals. Just a piece of gas line with a zip tie on the end so it fits snug on the caps.
Neat, I like it!