I’d like to hear from others when to use Never-seize instead of grease or nothing at all. My understanding is that never-sieze has graphite which remains as a lubricant after the oily/greasy vehicle has dried up. There are some situations when assembling parts which are in difficult to access places, the e-brake linkage on a backhoe for instance, where there are lots of parts that are too small for a grease zerk but will still need to move freely , despite the effects of time, moisture, dust etc. Is it better to assemble dry or with a coating of grease or a coating of Never-seize? your thoughts ? Thanks.
Simply put, Anti seize isn't exactly a lubricant, although it does "slick things up", but that's not it's primary purpose, whereas grease is a lubricant. Anti seize comes in several mixes depending on the application, most common is the silver which contains aluminum. I'm not aware of anti seize containing graphite, doesn't mean that it's not available though, just not aware of it. My rule of thumb, if it needs lubricant, it gets oil or grease. As for fasteners, pin connections, etc, anything where two things join together, if it don't get loctite it gets anti seize. But again, that's just in general for me, certain applications have more specific assembly processes.
All them different kinds of antisieze. https://www.crcindustries.com/world-anti-seize/ All consumer grades contain graphite and grease
Yep they got copper, aluminum, nickel. For small areas with no zerk I use a spray can of grease that has an acetone or xylene so it comes out thin and then thickens up when dry so it’s able to penetrate.
In order of "slickness" the ones I'm aware of are based on graphite, copper, nickel, and molybdenum (actually moly disulphide). Aerosol dry film lubricant is a useful tool where you want the lubricant to hang around after application. https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/en/product/specialty-oils-and-lubricants/loctite_lb_8017.html
Grease lubes for rotating, swiveling, or pivoting joints. never seize is for things that don’t move, lug nuts, bolts, or where two things come together but don’t move.
I have a small gun packed with nickle anti-seize. Used it on my stabilizer foot pins. They have been bad about not wanting to take grease after being shoved down in the dirt. Haven't greased in a while but ifin I do I will report back.
Don't use anti-seize inside engines will show up in oil sampling as abnormal wear. I use half& half motor oil and Power punch on bearings and bolts inside engines. This also works well on greased pins and bushings on assembly then greased after put together. Bad Bob