There are no grease zerts on my 1992 d4c series ii and the only place that looks like it could have one doesn't have any threads. The part book shows one zert on the angle cyclinder but nowhere else. Has anyone else noticed this?
Check the end of the pins ,sometimes they get filled up with grease and dirt.
It's a grease zerk not a zert but the 1st pic. is not for a grease fitting. It was used to center the cylinder when machining the rod. If you ever need the cylinder polished or repaired it would be used again when the rod was put in a lathe. The brochure mentions reduced number of lubrication points. What I would do is pull the pins out and coat the bore and pins with spray on dry graphite. It's goes on liquid but dries in a few seconds and won't collect dust and dirt. You can check the pins and bushings at the same time and replace as required. https://erbequipment.com/Aggregate/media/Erb-Equipment/Used Equipment Specs/372.pdf
My d5c had none either. I believe the thought was no grease to attract dirt so as to be creating a grinding compound.
It makes sense, avoiding dust / dirt collection, but I'm partial to greasing. I would replace the pins (if/when they need serviced) with pins that have a internal bore and cross drilling. You could machine the old pins if you have access to some machines. Not a fan of lube for life components. U-Joints for instance. Who ever thought it was a good idea to remove the zerks???
This has been discussed before. Those machines had "oil impregnated" bushings. No seals, no grease fittings.
Interesting thread. I have a D9T with no grease nipples in the verry bottom swing pin that the ripper frame pivots on. I’ve searched high and low,but nothing. My D8 ripping tractors both have grease nipples on those pins. Almost zero WiFi here,so can’t look at the parts book online. Will have to make time to buy an old fashioned parts book
First machine I operated with a 6-way was a hi-track 5, it had no grease points on the frame.