Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Great forum

poky ยท 2019-08-31 22:12

I am just another old guy . who thought he knew everything. only to find out out i am still learning, They call me poky . my last mame is polk, go figure. I am looking forward to forum. Worked in industrial truck repair. and millwright before retirement. I just got a v30 ditch witch, older than dirt and can not get parts. need clutch disk now, people think im crazy for just asking. Ihate to scrap this thing over clutch disk. Dealers are no help. Any help would be helpfull. many thanks poky

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2019-09-01 01:18

    Did you take it to a clutch / power transmission shop

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-09-01 07:59

    Welcome, Do you have a good sample of the original clutch disc? Is the hub/disc still good? There's a few good joints here in Chicagoland that will reline it for you. If not match it up by sample. How is the pressure plate? Flywheel? Same places will resurface the flywheel and rebuild your pressure plate as well. I agree, it is a shame to lay down a good machine for one failed maintenance item.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2019-09-01 19:02

    Try Ditch witch of the Carolinas.. I met the owner while I was fixing a piece of equipment & they seemed like a VERY approachable bunch.. willing to help the "little guy".. THAT was my impression anyway..

  4. #4kshansen2019-09-02 09:21

    I would expect that DitchWitch used an off the shelf clutch disc and pressure plate. Any chance of finding a tag on either that would point in the direction of who made it? What type of pressure plate is this, is it spring loaded like a truck, tractor or car clutch or and over center like an industrial PTO clutch? Maybe post a couple pictures and some one will recognize it from some other application?

  5. #5Coaldust2023-07-19 09:26

    Welcome to the HEF Poky! Good to have you. Good luck with the clutch.