Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Green Hornet

derekbroerse ยท 2011-02-18 03:05

The other night I saw the new Green Hornet movie... in 3D. Besides the countless '65ish Mopars being destroyed over and over, they also managed to blow up an old wheel loader. Now tonight, I watched a new episode of Mythbusters, only to see them try to replicate the movie effects. Needless to say, two more Mopars and a Cadillac down the drain and yet another vintage wheel loader (which thru the entire episode they refer to as a bulldozer... then again they also talk about the FWD/EFI Caddy as having a carburetor!) Was anyone able to identify these poor loaders?

Replies3
  1. #1derekbroerse2011-02-21 18:12

    Nobody saw Green Hornet OR the Mythbusters Green Hornet Special? Booooooooooooo!!!!

  2. #2Steve Frazier2011-02-22 01:29

    I saw the Mythbusters episode and was disturbed they destroyed the old Imperials. My Uncle had one of those when I was a kid, it was a sweet car. I have a tough time watching that show anyway, they manipulate the tests too much for my taste

  3. #3derekbroerse2011-02-22 17:52

    All I can say is thankfully they were four doors and not two door hardtops! But still sad... There have been a lot of vintage cars destroyed in movies lately. "The Other Guys" they demolished two Chevelle SS's, just for the sake of destroying them. Pointless. Fast and Furious, well, lets not even go there. Disgraceful. Theres another one with Nicolas Cage being advertised that looks like they're trashing muscle cars again... Then there's shows like Canada's Worst Driver where they seem to specifically buy cars that will make people mad to see wrecked... Ugh. I hate TV....