Was thinking about going to check out one for sale about 3/4 hr from here. Was looking at the picture and had to wonder.... how does one get in and out of one of these things???? Looks like a door in the side, but it would open right into the loader arm. What make/size is this gasser engine? HP? Its advertised as having a 3yd bucket, I'm not buyin' that as if I'm not mistaken its only about 13k lbs from what I saw online. I'd guess more around 1yd-1.5yd. Is it a practical machine for stacking snow piles or backup plowing? Any guesses as to what size pusher would fit? I was thinking a 12' model for a backhoe (smaller than a regular wheel loader model). My Trojan 2000 diesel even struggles a bit with the loader-sized 14'er... The price is low enough and is supposed to run well. And its close by... lol I could drive it home if I wanted! Cuz I'm cool like that. Just theoretical at the moment. Thought I'd pick the brains of those who've run em before. I see one on You Tube plowing along side a Mustang skidsteer... but never get to see much of the machine up close. It was called "Playing on the Weekend"
It was all aftermarket cabs in those days. The ones with a door had the door swing up from a rear hinge. Ours has a sliding cab like a World War 2 fighter plane. There might have been some other types. We've had ours since 1964 but haven't used it in about 10 years. Nothing particularly wrong with it but no-one wants to run it. All we did with it for the most part was move snow and it works fine but needs an aware operator with some respect for the machine.
Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to go look if I want to really understand. I *think* I see a pair of black steps between the wheels, and there's a handle by the windshield. Looks like you climb on the tire and over the loader arms somewhere there. Looks awkward. Is there a pic of your machine on here? That sliding cabin sounds interesting...
I am also considering a '94ish New Holland L785 skidsteer. 2 speed, heat, and cab.... but its twice the price. Still a good deal, but a little harder to afford in the first place. Still a good size, a little less power, but definitely more manueverble and versatile overall. Probably a lot easier to get parts for too... but doesn't have that special 'vintage' feel to it. Its also almost 4h away. LOL technically I don't NEED either but I think of it as cheap insurance for my other loader and increased productivity. And endless possibilities... and a new toy... lmao
No don't have any pictures up. I might try with my phone today but it's in a small building without much light. The 75 was a very reliable machine in the day but I think parts might be a bit of a problem these days. Climbing in is awkward and can be dangerous when the steps are wet. Lots of things on those machines would make an OSHA guy run away but we we did a lot with them for many years.
definitely about a 1c. yd bucket.
From your picture this is were the steps are although it looks like only parts of the steps remain on this machine. When loading snow the steps get covered with snow and ice. The bucket size is listed as 1 cu. yd. in the owner's manual.
Yikes, what a jungle gym.... without em I'm wondering what the current owners are doing...
Engine probably 192 Waukeshaw 6cyl. Mine is 1964, still works well although it does require some skill and agility to climb in and out of!