Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Greetings!

carlsharp ยท 2008-04-08 02:18

My name is Carl Sharp and I live in Chino Hills, CA. My primary job is as a skip loader owner/operator. I have been an operator in Southern California for over 20 years, first in oilfield, then mass grading and now finish work. I am also a welder, blacksmith and mechanic amongst other things. I have always been interested in old industrial machinery, and have a few flywheel engines, two John Deere Model D tractors, a whole litter of old Caterpillars as well as some other oddball stuff. I belong to the California Blacksmith Association, Western Antique Power Associates, The Vista Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum, ACMOC & ACME.

Replies3
  1. #1Countryboy2008-04-08 02:56

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums carlsharp! :drinkup

  2. #2buddy6052008-04-26 17:30

    Hi all I have been viewing this forum for a while now and just decided to join. I am in Halifax, NS. where I am working as a Engineering Tech. I use to be a Forman doing water and sewer here and snow clearing in winter, before that I was in Newfoundland, there I was a supintendant doing water and sewer and asphalt, I was also the Surveyor for the government, Before that I worked out of Spruce Grove as a foreman doing Road building and oilfield and pipelines. I started at 8 when my Dad bought a JD 350 tractor and was caught by the Police on a gravel road at 9. I like Heavy Equipment the bigger the better:bash

  3. #3ZAXIS2008-04-26 19:50

    Welcome aboard carlsharp & buddy605!!! ZAXIS