Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Greetings From Minnesota.

ConstSite ยท 2007-01-02 01:03

I pass through this forum from time to time, but I thought I would join and stick around for awhile. My name is Chris and I live in Savage, Minnesota. What drew me here were all the bits of news that are passed along from all over. I also enjoy the equipment photos that are posted here. I too take quite a few equipment photos and plan on sharing in the future. I, as many of you are, am in the construction industry. I work for a concrete construction company here in Minnesota and primarily do curb and gutter, sidewalk and the related. I also have a strong background in computers as I was a software engineer for 6 years. So "hello" and thanks for having me. Christopher

Replies11
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-01-02 01:07

    Welcome Christopher, from another Minnesotan from up near Duluth. Always great to have more members, especially people who bring pics with them.:thumbsup

  2. #2Countryboy2007-01-02 04:37

    Welcome to HEF!:drinkup

  3. #3Pelican2007-01-02 14:54

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Jump in wherever you like!!

  4. #4Electra_Glide2007-01-03 08:34

    Welcome, Chris...:drinkup Since you're from Minnesota, keep your eyes peeled for a white Mack. If you see it, for your own safety, get out of his way! He'll run over your grade stakes and steal your lunch, but he might sing you a little tune to try and make you feel better...:wink2 Joe

  5. #5dayexco2007-01-03 10:18

    jeff, i thought that was pronounced dahlute? jeff, you're familiar with ole and lena? hear they got married in rochester? going to honeymoon in minneapolis? hopped in the car, headed to minneapolis, ole placed his hand on lena's knee...lena says, ole, you can go farther if you want to....ole drove up to dahlute.

  6. #6Jeff D.2007-01-03 20:07

    Ssshhh Joe! It isn't as much fun when they expect it! It is too. That joke was a good one. All this thin ice we've been having on the lakes reminds me of another one.( I hope I haven't already used it on here ) Ole, Sven, and Larse went fishing in the summer in a boat. Sven stands up to take a squirt, loses his balance, and falls overboard. Ole and Larse just laugh, but Sven doesn't come back up. They wait acouple minutes and Ole decides he'd better save him, so he jumps in the water and dives down. He comes back up for air and says "I can't see Sven anywhere it's too murkie." He dives down again, this time comes up,wrestles him into the boat, and starts mouth to mouth resesitation. Ole says "Geez, I never remember Sven's breath being so bad!!" Larse replies "I don't remeber Sven wearing a snowmobile suit!!" :spaz

  7. #7ConstSite2007-01-03 20:11

    Oh geez. What have I done?! - Christopher

  8. #8dayexco2007-01-03 20:33

    well jeffd, other than you, constite, and me....if we were to start talking about lutefisk and lefse, we'd probably lose the thread, huh?

  9. #9Jeff D.2007-01-03 21:00

    We might see this :ban I'm part Swede part French so not lutefisk or even hairy legged women scare me.

  10. #10digger242j2007-01-03 21:19

    You want a thread hijack, you've got to get Squizzy to sign off on it. :yup

  11. #11Tigerotor77W2007-01-04 12:28

    That's right, digger! Welcome, Chris. :thumbsup