Does anyone have any experience with grey market equipment (ie-overseas imports) is it that difficult to find parts?
It probably depends on the brand and what documentation you can find on the machine. I have a gray market Cat. I have 2 parts books; one in Japanese that matches my serial # and one in English for a matching machine. There is not much that is different. The only thing was some kind of hydraulic (?) accumulator (?) thing that is round on mine and 8 sided on the not gray one.
Depends on what manufacturer you are talking about. In the case of Cat there is some support for grey market models but it is very dependent on the particular model. Best advice if you are considering a grey market machine is to do due diligence on it as regards availability of parts & service information before making an offer to buy it.
Some times it is ,some times it isn’t . A lot Depends on how much effort the dealer wants to put into getting the parts. I’ve had parts take 8 months or more ,some couldn’t get and had to make it work.