One of my clients picked up these two drives somewhere and want to use them for cutting sandstone columns. Can anyone identify what they are, maybe some brand names and if the motors are something other than hydraulic? The tag is on the motor of the drive on the right. Thanks
The motors appear to be gear motors. Maybe a Permco/Commercial 7000/7500 series
I thought so also but am unable to pull that number in a google search. I'm also wondering about the big connection going into that bell jar shaped top piece? I'm wondering if that is some kind of pump for mud or some kind of cutting fluid?
See attached
Wow, Thanks!
also see attached
Once you figure out the gear motor I would call Geartek in Corinth MS
Right now I'm also trying to figure out what the drive is actually for. The linkages and the material feed stuff is new to me.
Do you have any better pictures of the driven devices? Looks like a high speed (1800 ish RPM) gear motor driving a gearbox driving ???
I believe the small gear box is a Dodge. I've found photos of similar units. I found a tag on that unit also but I'll need to use some paint remover to get a better look at the numbers. I'm pretty sure this thing was a top drive for some kind of drilling rig. Both units have drill steel threads on the pipe ends.
I hope you're like me and like figuring out and working on weird stuff, cause you're doing it.
It's pretty cool messing with old stuff and coming up with ways of making it produce something again. A bunch of years ago I built a core drill for this guy and mounted it in a PC70 excavator.
Yes it is a dodge shaft mount speed reducer, The direct hydraulic drive are called Hydroil, Dodge is now owned by ABB is a shadow of its former self. If it is a stock Hydroil the motor is probably a Denison, now owned by Parker. In the mid seventies I would order 25 Dodge shaft mounts of various sizes and ratios every January for the spring rock quarry start up and season. Usually by June they would be gone. At 25 pcs there was a pretty good price break