Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ground protection matts any one using them?

Davidblack515 ยท 2016-01-27 15:04

Im a pool builder and general excavator and im looking in too getting some ground protection mats too mainly to use on the pool side im looking at them to help with getting dump trucks in too backyards when it muddy or soft out but not sure if there worth the money. http://www.greatmats.com/ground-protection-mats/white-ground-protection-mats-2x8.php this is a link to the ones im looking at figure im going to spend almost 6k on them to get 150 feet off the road just wondering if any one has any experience with them or any other brand, are they worth the money, will the really help any?

Replies3
  1. #1Birken Vogt2016-01-27 15:24

    The regional power company recently built a staging yard in a muddy pasture out of something like this. When they left all that was left was flattened grass. I don't know if it was the same company or not. Of course the power company has unlimited money so who knows if it is economical for real people or not.

  2. #2Tradesman2016-01-27 19:02

    http://www.alturnamats.com/outrigger_pads.php Theses are the matts I use they have got me out of a couple bad spots with the crane I jack it up on the out riggers and put the matts under the tires and away I go, I also use the for backing ready mix trucks into wet sights. The only trouble I have had on really muddy ground is they can roll up and catch the underside the truck

  3. #3Tradesman2016-01-27 19:04

    Oops that was the out rigger pads but you can pick the matts in the side menu