Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grove AMZ66XT repair manual to disassemble manlift

dwkern ยท 2015-07-24 15:41

I have an AMZ66XT manlift, built in 1998. It has a nipple in the bottom bearing support (I guess) that is cracked and continuously leaks copious amounts of hydraulic fluid. It appears it will take a total disassembly to get to the part to allow it to be welded (hopefully) up. I could sure use a repair or parts manual to help me to get this job done. SN 45921. If you have anything available, please let me know what the cost will be.

Replies5
  1. #1Knepptune2015-07-24 22:03

    Check with minnparr. I deal with them as a last resort but they bought all the parts to a bunch of different manlift brands. They have some manuals online as well.

  2. #2dwkern2015-07-27 12:08

    I just checked with Minnpar. They have the Parts & Service manual for $150, and for $280 you get all manuals including electrical and hydraulic schematics. I'll probably eventually need the schematics so that's probably the better option. The bummer is that there is a 14 day lead time before it's shipped.

  3. #3dwkern2015-08-20 22:16

    I received the (CD) manual from Minnpar. It was well done and very helpful. It was the "swivel" that was leaking. After a lot of effort I finally got it removed and determined it was the upper seal that was leaking. In addition, I found that the hydraulic adapters on top of the swivel were severely corroded. It probably wouldn't have been long before they failed. The collection of debris underneath the boom allows this area to stay wet and led to the corrosion. I ordered new seals today, so hopefully next week, I get everything back together and functioning properly, leak free.

  4. #4CharlieVT2017-02-01 14:42

    deleted

  5. #5Jennifer P.2019-11-28 11:11

    Hi, I know this is an older thread, but I am looking at buying one of these units. I have the factory manual but there seems to be some infor missing. Was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of the disk or a pdf on the hydraulics and wiring.. Or if it's even worth it to buy this machine now. It' has the swivel leaking problem and it has 2 blown hoses from the boom. Looks like a real pain to change out the hoses in the boom and the swivel orings..